The first NGSS Annual Meeting for State Leadership Teams and National Partners was held in Atlanta, Georgia in February 2014.
In total, attendees represented over 80 organizations, including state education agencies, school districts, state boards of education, higher education institutions, teacher organizations, research organizations, other third party advocates, and the business community.
The 2014 NGSS Leadership Meeting focused on developing strategies for building and sustaining systems for standards implementation, including: professional development; leadership development; curriculum and instructional materials transitions; communications, advocacy and coalition building; and assessment transitions.
Please check back for additional updates.
- Defining Your State's Role in Implementation - Alissa Peltzman
- Alabama Math, Science, and Technology Initiative - Steve Ricks
- A Vision of Science Education in South Dakota - Sam Shaw
- Systems of Large-Scale Professional Development - Sean Smith
- New Mexico's Common Core State Standard's RFP Process - Karina Vanderbilt
- Washington State's Story of Building Capacity for Next Generation Science Standards - Ellen Ebert & Peggy Willcuts
Curriculum and Instructional Materials Transitions
- Evaluating Curriculum & Instructional Materials - Joe Krajcik
- EQuIP NGSS Rubric & Delaware's NGSS Implementation Plan - Shelley Rouser & John Moyer
Communications, Advocacy and Coalition Building